The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • phpBB 3.1.10 Do not upgrade (DNU) - Cleared -
  • News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
 #17015  by aeneas1
 October 30th, 2016, 5:52 am
ThemeSplat » Today, 3:15 am wrote:

No need to disable any extensions actually... Upgrade your premium extensions (if you have any on the list on the first topic), then run the phpBB upgrade package or just use fresh files... (this will be tough as you have core edits) Once done you still need to update the theme and that's why there is a changelog: changelog.php - Backup DB and files first as usual.

thanks dave, very helpful as usual.....

btw, i think i used the automatic update the last time i updated phpbb because the instructions stated that modifications to phpbb would not be altered/reversed, everything went smoothly and i didn't have any probs whatsoever after the update.... is that true, phpbb modified files aren't altered if you use automatic update?
 #17017  by Leinad4Mind
 October 30th, 2016, 11:15 am
Using automatic mode (what I always use, even on 3.0 with 153 MODs lol yeah thats a lot of core edits...) Its safe because you ll see all changed it will make and you can accept it file by file. Basically is like a manual edit made easy since you can check all changes made for each file and choose the options for each file, if you want the old file, the new file or the merged file. When we have core edits we need to have merged files where the edits of the new changelog will be applied on edited files.

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION