General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#24119 by Leinad4Mind
September 7th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Yeah, you're right... The reasoning of not adding the captcha to phpbb on contact page was that if people are having problems with the captcha, they should be able to contact the board admin (without facing the captcha again)...

Try this: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ontact_us/ ;)

For 3.2.x go here: https://phpbb.hifikabin.me.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6
#24126 by PhilDiscuss
September 8th, 2017, 2:59 am
nbuu07 » 08 Sep 2017 12:49 wrote:Hi team

Let me exlain my original issue. I got many spam mails submitted via contact page because the page was allowed to submit without login.

The issue has been solved After installing a plugin named "Login Require" as recommened by PhilDiscuss :

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _required/

Thanks PhilDiscuss

Good to hear that. :-)

Remember if you are using the 2-stepAuth Extension and Login required are enabled.

Add this:

edit: also you may want to add "index.php"
#24127 by Leinad4Mind
September 8th, 2017, 7:54 am
Don't forget that if someone can't register or have problems with the forum on registration or login they will not be able to contact administration. That's why contact page exist and is showed without login required xD asking for login to access that page doesn't make sense. My previous message is the best solution available, imo.
It could be better like someone doing an extension that would add a choice on ACP to choose a captcha on contact us page. That way even if people can't register because of the captcha choosen for registration, we would select a different captcha for contact us page. ;)
#24128 by PhilDiscuss
September 8th, 2017, 8:28 am
nbuu07 » 08 Sep 2017 12:49 wrote:The issue has been solved.

Don't forget that if someone can't register or have problems with the forum on registration or login they will not be able to contact administration. That's why contact page exist and is showed without login required

Leinad4Mind, we know that. Just shut up!
#24129 by Leinad4Mind
September 8th, 2017, 9:11 am
It was not solved... It was capped and a new problem has raised :-D :-D :-D :-D

Are u mad? :evil:
#24130 by WelshPaul
September 8th, 2017, 9:38 am
Leinad4Mind » Today, 7:54 am wrote:Don't forget that if someone can't register or have problems with the forum on registration or login they will not be able to contact administration. That's why contact page exist and is showed without login required xD asking for login to access that page doesn't make sense. My previous message is the best solution available, imo.
It could be better like someone doing an extension that would add a choice on ACP to choose a captcha on contact us page. That way even if people can't register because of the captcha choosen for registration, we would select a different captcha for contact us page. ;)

Don't waste your time, save your keyboard from any undue wear and tear! :D

Some admins build their community around themselves and to their own requirements, forgetting or ignoring whats best for their members and guests. Forums like that are not usually around for long. ;)