General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#25692 by maguie papanmi
January 13th, 2018, 10:12 am
Hi , there is more source of traffic , what the traffic source do you use ?
#25694 by sakkiotto
January 13th, 2018, 12:57 pm
eh^?
#25698 by WelshPaul
January 13th, 2018, 4:17 pm
For a forum, none of the above. You need content, good content and lots of it! Takes years to get a good steady flow of traffic and users.
#25700 by Leinad4Mind
January 13th, 2018, 6:25 pm
My forum, after 1 year of hardworking, we had more then 1000 Topics with unique content. And in 1 year we become the best on my country about the subject of the forum. Now after 10 years we have >7000 topics and > 23K users, (for the subject of the forum and for the country language, its a lot) and we're still the best :P I never needed to google adword or similar services. But if you want a good and modern idea for having traffic, then create a giveaway on social media, like twiiter and other on facebook some weeks after. Use gleam service for example, so users can Like your social media websites, and they will share with friends so they can have more chances for win. Thats how you make people do the marketing for you, and you'll only offer a giveaway (that needs to be related to your forum ofcourse)

Best Regards
#25703 by odin
January 13th, 2018, 8:33 pm
It depends on the type of forum you have really, i have a smallish forum only 100 ish members but i get over 600 unique visitors a month, its a new forum and most of the people who visit it are coming for information that is already posted on it. They only really join to share a few images and ask questions if they need support. I dont run it for a profit with ad's but more or an information hub that gets people interested in the aquatic animals and in turn buy from my store. Its a niche market and im currently the only breeder/ seller in the UK so i have that going for me.

www.opaeula.co.uk

its a shrimp site :p