General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#16332 by ThemeSplat
October 9th, 2016, 4:19 am
aeneas1 wrote:i really wanted to use cloudfare but found it caused a lot of problems, prevented some visitors from even accessing the board, they would get an error message instead of seeing the site

That is because is not configured correctly.

aeneas1 wrote:i posted the prob at the phpbb forum and was told this was very common, that cloidfare caused all sorts of problems with phpbb boards... anyway once i disabled cloudfare all was well, everyone could access the board...

That is because its easier for whoever answered (that clearly doesn't have any knowledge how to use it) just say it causes problems. Very typical over there unfortunately...

I just developed an extension (I will release here) that for example solves the "issue" of Cloudflare IP address being the same (range) for all the users... (which technically its not an issue at all, its juts how Cloudflare works. )
#16365 by aeneas1
October 12th, 2016, 6:04 am
PhilDiscuss » October 7th, 2016, 9:57 pm wrote:https://www.phildiscuss.com/

The Philippines Discussion Website

- Not fully finished, but you can see. :evil:

very nice site, i purchased both bboots and flatboots, not sure why i decided on flatboots, they are both great looking styles, can't go wrong with either, just great styles!

iamART wrote:Still working on the forums and adding content as well as new features. Forums are based on the Pittsburgh Penguins (Hockey team).

http://www.penguinsfever.com

damn nice job, great looking site.... the panel headings you have in black, really like that, i went with navy given the forum i did was for the los angeles rams, really liked the navy panel headings, but the guys desperately wanted to see more rams yellow in the scheme, so i added a thin bottom yellow border to the navy panel headings, was surprised how nice it looked, and it seemed to satisfy all of those screaming for the additional yellow... anyway, great site, i'm huge buccos fan so i dig the colors...

ThemeSplat wrote:
aeneas1 wrote:i really wanted to use cloudfare but found it caused a lot of problems, prevented some visitors from even accessing the board, they would get an error message instead of seeing the site

That is because is not configured correctly.

aeneas1 wrote:i posted the prob at the phpbb forum and was told this was very common, that cloidfare caused all sorts of problems with phpbb boards... anyway once i disabled cloudfare all was well, everyone could access the board...

That is because its easier for whoever answered (that clearly doesn't have any knowledge how to use it) just say it causes problems. Very typical over there unfortunately...

I just developed an extension (I will release here) that for example solves the "issue" of Cloudflare IP address being the same (range) for all the users... (which technically its not an issue at all, its juts how Cloudflare works. )

iirc there were very few settings to configure with the cloudfare version my host offered for free, had to pay if you wanted all of the bells and whistles... as far as the feedback i got from the phpbb forum, a lot of the knowledgeable guys said it caused a bunch of probs with phpbb, not just newbies chiming in, and when i googled website issues with cloudfare i got pages and pages of complaints... anyway, would love to use it, looking forward to what you've done!
#16368 by ThemeSplat
October 12th, 2016, 3:31 pm
aeneas1 wrote:as far as the feedback i got from the phpbb forum, a lot of the knowledgeable guys said it caused a bunch of probs with phpbb, not just newbies chiming in, and when i googled website issues with cloudfare i got pages and pages of complaints... anyway, would love to use it, looking forward to what you've done!

Obviously not knowledgeable enough on the matter or perhaps just lazy?
I've been using Cloudflare for more than 5 years now (its working here on sitesplat.com)
and I set all my clients with server needs with cloudflare on a weekly basis.
You don't need to pay for extra plans, the free plan covers all the needs and more.
For the records just because someone has tons of posts on phpBB or is even part of the team members does not mean they know what they are talking about. I would argue the opposite indeed. This Cloudflare example shows that exactly unfortunately.
#16370 by aeneas1
October 12th, 2016, 11:05 pm
don't get me wrong, i believe you, so when is your extension going to be ready, very much looking forward to it...
#16374 by ThemeSplat
October 13th, 2016, 12:46 am
It's been ready for a year LOL
The core.event needed for this ext to work out of the box is available starting from phpBB 3.1.10
#16927 by Leinad4Mind
October 27th, 2016, 1:11 pm
It means that you need 3.1.10 so you can use that new Cloudflare extension. That phpbb version is just a requirement for that extension.

Cheers
#16963 by aeneas1
October 28th, 2016, 2:46 pm
Leinad4Mind » Yesterday, 1:11 pm wrote:It means that you need 3.1.10 so you can use that new Cloudflare extension. That phpbb version is just a requirement for that extension.

Cheers

yes, understand that, was asking now that 3.1.10 extensions are available does it mean it's now ok to upgrade to phpbb 3.1.10? there's a thread about this but the last i checked no green light was given....
#16968 by WelshPaul
October 28th, 2016, 4:30 pm
Yes it's now ok to update to 3.1.10.

All extensions now work with 3.1.10 including BBpoints, which was the reason no OK was given in the previous thread. Dave likely just forgot to give the OK once fixing BBpoints.