General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#16491 by aeneas1
October 15th, 2016, 9:08 pm
is it important to add a forum description for seo/serp purposes or is this description more of a helpful/convenient site summary for returned searches, i.e. has little or nothing to do with rankings and searches? and where do you add this description so it shows up when your site is returned after a search? thanks!

01.jpg
01.jpg (74.74 KiB) Viewed 6402 times
#16559 by WelshPaul
October 16th, 2016, 2:48 pm
I use the following...
Code: Select all<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_DESC}<!-- ELSEIF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewtopic" -->{DESC_BBOPENGRAPH}<!-- ELSE -->{SITE_DESCRIPTION}<!-- ENDIF -->">

Add this to your overall_header.html file, you need BBOpengraph marketplace.php?mode=view&item_id=40 installed.
#16673 by aeneas1
October 19th, 2016, 6:17 am
any other thoughts?

is it important to add a forum description for seo/serp purposes or is this description more of a helpful/convenient site summary for returned searches, i.e. has little or nothing to do with rankings and searches? and where do you add this description so it shows up when your site is returned after a search? thanks!
#16961 by aeneas1
October 28th, 2016, 1:54 pm
WelshPaul » October 16th, 2016, 2:48 pm wrote:I use the following...
Code: Select all<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewforum" -->{FORUM_DESC}<!-- ELSEIF SCRIPT_NAME == "viewtopic" -->{DESC_BBOPENGRAPH}<!-- ELSE -->{SITE_DESCRIPTION}<!-- ENDIF -->">

Add this to your overall_header.html file, you need BBOpengraph http://sitesplat.com/phpBB3/marketplace ... item_id=40 installed.

that looks like the prosilver overall_header.html code... i have bbopengraph installed, so where would ii add the forum description to the code? for example if i wanted my forum description to say "shop for all kinds of apples here", where would i add this to the code? thanks!
#17141 by WelshPaul
November 4th, 2016, 8:32 am
Yea, just checked your site and your forum description is set as:
The Philippines Discussion Website

Google hasn't updated your listing that's all.