General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#17633 by WelshPaul
November 17th, 2016, 9:34 am
I've noticed an increase in support requests from people using BBOOTS/FLATBOOTS styles lately where things don't appear to be working as they should. The cause? Renaming the style from BBOOTS/FLATBOOTS to something unique or using old, outdated extensions are the most common...

So many people fail to post vital information which result in long drawn out threads. Information like an URL, what version phpBB they are using etc. phpBB make use of an SRT (Support Request Template) and i'm thinking one should be used here, if not now, soon.

Something along the lines of:

Support Request
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.x.x
What is your board's URL? http://
Who do you host your board with? xyz
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? I installed extension xpto
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes / No
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes / No
Do you have any Extensions installed? Yes / No
What styles do you currently have installed? FLATBOOTS / BBOOTS
What language(s) is your board currently using? English / Spanish / French / Portuguese
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know / MySQL 5 / SQLite 3 / MariaDB
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Update board / Instal a MOD/EXT / Style
Please describe your problem. I know nothing, I'm John Snow

Code: Select all[size=115][color=#8C8C8C][b]Support Request[/b][/color][/size]
[color=#169FE6][b]What version of phpBB are you using?[/b][/color] phpBB 3.x.x
[color=#169FE6][b]What is your board's URL?[/b][/color] http://
[color=#169FE6][b]Who do you host your board with?[/b][/color] xyz
[color=#169FE6][b]How did you install your board?[/b][/color] I used the download package from phpBB.com
[color=#169FE6][b]What is the most recent action performed on your board?[/b][/color] I installed extension xpto
[color=#169FE6][b]Is registration required to reproduce this issue?[/b][/color] Yes / No
[color=#169FE6][b]Do you have any MODs installed?[/b][/color] Yes / No
[color=#169FE6][b]Do you have any Extensions installed?[/b][/color] Yes / No
[color=#169FE6][b]What styles do you currently have installed?[/b][/color] FLATBOOTS / BBOOTS
[color=#169FE6][b]What language(s) is your board currently using?[/b][/color] English / Spanish / French / Portuguese
[color=#169FE6][b]Which database type/version are you using?[/b][/color] I Don't Know / MySQL 5 / SQLite 3 / MariaDB
[color=#169FE6][b]What is your level of experience?[/b][/color] New to PHP and phpBB
[color=#169FE6][b]What actions did you take prior to this problem becoming noticeable?[/b][/color]  Update board / Instal a MOD/EXT / Style
[color=#169FE6][b]Please describe your problem.[/b][/color] I know nothing, I'm John Snow

Fell free to add, change or remove any of the above. What your your thoughts folks?
Last edited by WelshPaul on November 17th, 2016, 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#17642 by Leinad4Mind
November 17th, 2016, 2:54 pm
#17644 by WelshPaul
November 17th, 2016, 3:49 pm
No, I have been using FLATBOOTS since late 2014. Your post was made in early 2016 and is hidden away in the FAQ's, why would I need to read the FAQ's at that point in time? :-D ;) :-)

I have edited my OP with your SRT. :)