General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#18988 by WelshPaul
January 8th, 2017, 3:34 pm
So come on... Who has installed phpBB 3.2?

Also, how about a dedicated phpBB 3.2 forum where we can upload confirmed phpBB 3.2 compatible extensions? That way, when the time comes to upgrade, any extensions we have in use for 3.1 will be in the 3.2 section waiting to be unwrapped. :)

I'm holding off for a few months, likely to be many issues with phpBB itself and extension compatibility. So much for extensions being easier hey! Seems like everytime there is an update something breaks and has to be re-written or modified.
#18992 by ThemeSplat
January 8th, 2017, 4:09 pm
yup tons. I don't know what the heck they were thinking for this to be GOLD release. An important one, looks like if you have extensions in the ext folder that are just seating there they get installed when you install phpBB, Not cool at all I'd say.

Having said this, if you guys want to posts all the issues come up in here so people know, please feel free to do so :P If not, I'll do that anyway so we have a main topic with the issues to refer to.
#18993 by Anastasia
January 8th, 2017, 4:23 pm
Anyway so if I decide to start a new adventure with phpBB 3.2 sitesplat's templates will be working fine? Or maybe it's better to wait about two months in order every main extensions will be updated?

Thanks!
#18996 by WelshPaul
January 8th, 2017, 5:37 pm
SiteSplat templates work fine with phpBB 3.2, use the style in the 3.2 folder.

I would seriously recommend waiting though.
#18998 by cisco007
January 8th, 2017, 5:39 pm
ThemeSplat » Today, 11:09 am wrote:yup tons. I don't know what the heck they were thinking for this to be GOLD release. An important one, looks like if you have extensions in the ext folder that are just seating there they get installed when you install phpBB, Not cool at all I'd say.

Having said this, if you guys want to posts all the issues come up in here so people know, please feel free to do so :P If not, I'll do that anyway so we have a main topic with the issues to refer to.

yeah i hate that, i had old extensions for 3.1.x and forgot they where there, they were activated now many of them i have to try to manually remove to fix the issues when updating the extensions for 3.2! :-(
#19009 by ThemeSplat
January 8th, 2017, 11:03 pm
Anastasia » Today, 16:23 wrote:Anyway so if I decide to start a new adventure with phpBB 3.2 sitesplat's templates will be working fine? Or maybe it's better to wait about two months in order every main extensions will be updated?

Thanks!

you need to use the 3.2 themes which are in the themeforest download. They have been there already months ago :-)
#19010 by ThemeSplat
January 8th, 2017, 11:05 pm
Honestly guys, do not update your live forum to 3.2 just yet. Save yourself headaches and wait. You wanna give 3.2 a spin? Use a test forum. A sub-folder in your current server is perfect for this purpose.
#19011 by sakkiotto
January 8th, 2017, 11:39 pm
i prefer wait 4 5 month.. (after all other ext migrate on 3.2).. for now.. im rock solid on 3.1 ;)