Page 1 of 2

What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm
by Bez
Yes, i know its been a long time coming :meh:
So let's use the time waiting to discuss what we would like to see in the style and updates. (maybe it will give Dave some ideas as to what members are looking for most) ;)

Me personally i would like to see a built-in slider on the index page in the new style or at least an addon that would create something similar, the one i am using on my forum at the moment is ok but it is not very easy to use when adding photos and members have to do a ctrl-F5 to see the changes that have been made. (although i am sure a way around this is possible as the one in my last style did not have this problem.

I would also like to see some sort of gallery extension with lots of formatting options.

Also an extension for a Medals System or User Awards ( i know we have something like this at the moment but i don't like the way it works and the icons it displays are way too small)

What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 4:11 pm
by El_Lagarto
Something. Anything.

I've always felt like a good WYSIWYG editor would be great.

Re: What are you hoping for with the new style and extension

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 4:46 pm
by Bez
El_Lagarto » 32 minutes ago wrote:Something. Anything.

I've always felt like a good WYSIWYG editor would be great.

Yes i agree, one is in development at phpBB at the moment perhaps it will be compatible with the new stuff. :-)

Re: What are you hoping for with the new style and extension

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 5:01 pm
by El_Lagarto
Bez » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:46 pm wrote:
El_Lagarto » 32 minutes ago wrote:Something. Anything.

I've always felt like a good WYSIWYG editor would be great.

Yes i agree, one is in development at phpBB at the moment perhaps it will be compatible with the new stuff. :-)


I'll believe it when I see it. There was talk about one being included in 3.2, but that didn't happen.

Re: What are you hoping for with the new style and extension

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 7:35 pm
by Bez
El_Lagarto » Today, 5:01 pm wrote:
Bez » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:46 pm wrote:
El_Lagarto » 32 minutes ago wrote:Something. Anything.

I've always felt like a good WYSIWYG editor would be great.

Yes i agree, one is in development at phpBB at the moment perhaps it will be compatible with the new stuff. :-)


I'll believe it when I see it. There was talk about one being included in 3.2, but that didn't happen.

That's not quite what i meant ;) https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2427126

What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 8:33 pm
by El_Lagarto
Oh, yeah, that extension. It's been worked on for quite a while, but it still isn't ready for prime time.

What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 10:54 pm
by Leinad4Mind
Canidev released an WYSIWYG extension and it works on sitesplat themes, but its not compatible with all exts, so be aware of that at least.

What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 12:43 am
by El_Lagarto
Interesting, I'll check it out.

I'll settle for whatever Dave has been working on though, if it comes out soon.

What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 3:50 pm
by Leinad4Mind
Dave is working on a Markdown extension: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3966&p=26125#p26125
Similar as wikipedia or github. Not a true wysiwyg, but its simpler then those and probably it would cause less problems then wysiwyg normally do. But I personally prefer the last one honestly, since my forum is not a simple one.

What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 7:26 pm
by El_Lagarto
Canidev's is mostly working, there's a couple extensions giving me trouble, but I think with a little tweaking we can figure it out. He's been very responsive to me.