General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#4018 by ThemeSplat
November 6th, 2014, 4:06 pm
Hey Guys,

I rolled out some cool addons for the members here: http://www.sitesplat.com/phpBB3/marketplace.php
Thanks again for supporting the premium development.
Enjoy the cool stuff

PS. If you have any MODs/addons request feel free to post here: (many details as possible)
http://www.sitesplat.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=11

Turkish clients can be accommodated by Square payments: https://squareup.com

This is what is need for a Credit Card transaction with Square Payments:

1- Credit card number
2- Expiry date (MM/YY)
3- CVV number (that should be the last 3 digit at the back of your card)
4- postal code of the address you have on file with your credit card company
5- the amount you want me to charge (Minimum is $40 )

NOTES:
Credit can be deposited to your account in $10 increments, with a minimum of $20 and a maximum of $100.
You can make a deposit using PayPal.

Some of the content on the Market sells for as low as $4. However, we're unable to allow deposits under $20 as the transaction fees for these deposits mean that they are currently not sustainable for the Market.

Dave
#4347 by blakk
December 8th, 2014, 7:43 pm
Hi, I love your theme and appreciate all the work you have put into this and the rest of the themes. However I am disappointed right now as I have just come back to buy the http://www.sitesplat.com/phpBB3/marketplace.php?mode=view&item_id=1 LIKE buttons mod which was shown working on the themeforest example. I understood that the LIKE buttons mod was an additional charge to the theme what I didn't expect is to have to add a minimum credit via PayPal of $20 for an $8 product.

I love your stuff and will come back because it is a good theme. However, feeling forced into adding credit I don't want to add is a little on the 'unfriendly' side.

I am hoping I have missed a link or information somewhere for me to buy this mod direct. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks
#4348 by Julien d'Andromède
December 8th, 2014, 8:03 pm
In the first place, I really was disappointed too but... When I thought about it, it seemed legit because the theme really is cheap and it has great functionnality. I think it can help!
#4350 by ThemeSplat
December 8th, 2014, 8:34 pm
@ blakk
From themeforest FLATBOOTS/BBOOTS product page:

Sorry to hear this disappoints you. Please Allow me to show how this looks from my side:

-The Ajax like/dislike system like mine to have it custom developed would cost you over $400.
-Each deposit on the market here I pay between $1.10 to $2.00 transaction fee to PayPal.
-I spend a lot of my time supporting for FREE issues that are NOT even related to my themes or items
-All the MODs/Extensions in the "buyers section" here are ported by me and for free for you all to use
-There are also free unique MODs/extensions on the marketplace, like twitter and Facebook or the Fancy lazy Topic Loader (again here over well $200 to have that custom developed)
- I could add more here but lets just put this topic to bed.

Having said this, there is no expiry date on the credit purchased and you can use it anytime. If this wasn't enough all this includes free upgrades and lifetime warranty for the item's life-cycle. Many people are happy to leave the extra credit as a coffee for me for providing this professional services for what I believe is pocket change.

@ Julien
Cheers! Thanks for supporting the shack here :-)
Let me take this opportunity to Thank everybody for supporting the development of a modern and better phpBB experience :-)
#4351 by blakk
December 8th, 2014, 9:17 pm
I think you all misunderstood me. Must be the way I wrote it. I absolutely understand the work you have put in as I am in the same business and know how many hours it consumes. That is why i commented you on your great work - which really is great work.

I saw the fine print on Themeforest before I purchased but it does not state anything about having to add $20 for an $8 product.

Both replies did not mention anything about the fact you have to top up your account in set incremental amounts. This is my issue.

I understand your business model but you should really only ask for people to top up their account only if your marketplace has thousands of products to buy like themeforest.

To answer your main concern. I think everyone who uses your theme is amazed at how good it is. That is not the problem here. You have a good fan base which includes me! :o

I am writing this to help you because I think you have put off a lot of people because of the Paypal top up. I want you to earn more money for the great work you do.

I think if you just had a direct link for each product to Paypal eg $8 for the LIKE button went to Paypal cart for $8 ... I think you would get a lot more purchases! Plus I think people would donate more to your work if you simply add a donate button on the site!

It is up to you. Of course I don't want a refund your theme is awesome - to repeat that is not my issue here.

Never mind, take care and please take the compliments. In my business I value feedback more than anything, this was mine.

Thanks
#4352 by solustech
December 8th, 2014, 9:43 pm
Coming with my charge again :mrgreen: @Blakk wait for mini cms to cme out, worth $10 but add an extra mile to your phpbb forum, yet to come I would say as I push Dave's limits as I keep annoying him with that (here once again) so basically, you did not waste $20 and that's what most people should think, $20 on here worth much more since they can't find anything like this elsewhere.

By the way Dave..... mini cms for Flatboots (til I die mate, til I die :lol: )
#4353 by ThemeSplat
December 8th, 2014, 11:00 pm
I can't advertise my MODs on Themforest unfortunately. Their policy does not allow it. These are unique MODs/addons and you will not find them around. Have them developed would cost you 20 times more then the price tags here anyway.

On a side note I use the same method as themeforest does. Deposit system. They have the exact same thing. You deposit then you purchase. You'll have left over on your account anyway at some point. In my case you are supporting my work if there is nothing else you can buy.

Donations? they don't work, its proven. People do not donate. Simple as that. At least not everyone. A price tag assures I can keep developing the projects and also shows if the members are really interested in those projects. I believe It works both ways. If someone wants to support what I do will purchase something and that is what I consider a much appreciated donation :-)

Thousand of items? Maybe, maybe not. Only two hands for coding :-) and most importantly not quantity, quality. Thanks again for the compliment then and for purchasing the theme. many more to come ;)
#4390 by wind770
December 10th, 2014, 7:34 pm
The entry point to get this Theme (Which is clearly a significant amount of work) is $16, of which the Developer gets $8. Do you know what else I can get for $8? I can drive down the street and buy a Large Big Mac Meal. Yes, in the Marketplace you have to make a $20 Deposit, however Paypal still takes money off the top from the developer. If it was my business and I got this sort of complaint, I would simply remove the $20 deposit, and move all of the addons up to $10 or $20 in price, rather than $4, $7, etc which he currently has them for. Because considering the time it takes in development, they are absolutely worth it.

Not to mention the level of Support I get from this guy when I've only given him $8.....

Keep up the good work, Dave.
#4392 by solustech
December 10th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Even though I get your point and I am right behind you in the fact that $8 is hardly earned for the job.
no really, it's a really cool price for thez job being done and great support too so at the end, even if I need to let $-$3 going to Dave's pocket, I won't mind at all.