General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the "Buyers" section for any support related needs.
Forum rules ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the "Buyers section". Thank-you!
#8683 by Cooper_si
October 4th, 2015, 9:55 am
+1 on the extension for the marketplace!

I really appreciate all the mods on here, and when i think back to the days of early phpbb installations and all the headaches of installing .mods (maunually), these add ons really make a difference, and ive peace of mind that they are made specific to the theme.

Yes they cost something, but you know what, they ARE worth it! Too many sites out there do stuff for free and get no credit, then two minutes later they are dead and offer no support. Not many people want to do stuff for free that then gets labelled as someone elses hard work elesewhere. I think this way that sitesplat works, offers peace of mind (to me anyway) that the supports there, for a long time going forward, as well as more cool things in the pipeline that i would buy. This in turn means I get happy forum members, and hopefully more from word of mouth, which in turn means i come back here and spend more money :lol:

Cant wait to get mine live, then i can share it with you peeps :lol:
#9870 by luciano
December 23rd, 2015, 3:29 pm
ThemeSplat wrote:Let me take this opportunity to Thank everybody for supporting the development of a modern and better phpBB experience :-)
Yes, of course! :-)
I am very happy to have a theme of yours. My forum never was so flowing smoothly and easy.

Before I trashed money buying themes that had bugs of a sort or another.

I put Flatboots 2 days ago ( actually I bought mistakenly it ten months ago when was only for 3.01, but you told me that your where working on the 3.1.x version, and then I forgot it in my themes folder on pc :-D ).

I t was a pleasure to upload and set it, no hassle at all! And I also I bought 2 exts, very useful and no bug.

And I considerate an added value this support forum, really.

I pay a lot of money for "taxes" that don't benefit me at all, the money that I spent here is less than to go to eat a pizza with friends.

Thank you for your dedicated work.
#19359 by LOLE
January 15th, 2017, 10:34 pm
You should make it clear that the plugins are paid separately, I bought the theme believing they were free to buyers and now I have no intention of spending any more money. I researched a lot before buying the theme, but the plugins marketplace is blocked for people who do not have the theme, so I could not be sure if they were paid or not. Unfortunately, I'm going to contact Envato/Themeforest to see if I can get the refund.
#19361 by ThemeSplat
January 15th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Hey Welcome aboard.

Freelance work, yes that is paid of course.

Never at any point I said/advertised any premium work for free nor is mentioned anywhere clients gets access to X premium work for free.

Premium addons have nothing to do with your theme purchase.
However I do make available out of courtesy some of the premium work for free for the clients.

LOLE wrote: I researched a lot before buying the theme, but the plugins marketplace is blocked for people who do not have the theme

Of course is blocked, because its special work accessible for the clients only to achieve one purpose: "Adds a special customization and value to your forum for your users"

That's an optional benefit its not needed not advertised anywhere.

If there is something you saw made you believe otherwise please do let me know.

Dave
#19364 by LOLE
January 15th, 2017, 11:41 pm
As I replied in the PM, it would be nice if you could make it a bit more explicit that the plugins are sold separately, I think there is always a chance that someone will think they are free.

But I appreciate all the attention, and I apologize if I was in any way disrespectful, the theme is very good, and myself as a graphic designer know that you deserve to earn everey cent on everything you did. ;)
#19400 by WelshPaul
January 16th, 2017, 8:36 am
When you buy a theme/style from themeforest does that entitle you to every other offring that developer/designer sells for free too? No!

Can I ask what made you think they were free? Did you do any research? read the documentaion or anything? Did you read something that misslead you? If the answer is no to these questions then what can a developer do to inform you?

I'm amased that anyone who purchases a BBOOTS/FLATBOOTS style would assume they get access to any premium extensions for free too. Most wouldn't even know they exist until after purchasing a style because the marketplace is locked down until you sign up at sitesplat.

There are loads of free extensions that work with these styles, extensions (paid or free) are extra's and not required at all.

This isn't a personal attack against you or anyone, i'm a customer and user of themesplat styles just like the rest of you.