The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • phpBB 3.1.10 Do not upgrade (DNU) - Cleared -
  • News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
 #16828  by Leinad4Mind
 October 23rd, 2016, 2:04 pm
No need to open files just drag them to the web page. But I use the website when I need to share the modifications to someone else.
So it is useful too.
 #16829  by ThemeSplat
 October 23rd, 2016, 4:42 pm
a very good app for this is beyond compare 4. its not free though.
 #16997  by Leinad4Mind
 October 29th, 2016, 2:11 pm
You are talking about the phpbb, the styles or the extensions?
 #17009  by Leinad4Mind
 October 29th, 2016, 9:53 pm
Well, normally we don't do core editions, so I beleive that you didn't did any core edition so it would be just a matter of rewrite all the files. That's why phpbb moved from MODS to extension, after all.

But if you prefer to do it manually go for it: https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.1.9/
 #17010  by aeneas1
 October 29th, 2016, 11:17 pm
Leinad4Mind » Today, 9:53 pm wrote:

Well, normally we don't do core editions, so I beleive that you didn't did any core edition so it would be just a matter of rewrite all the files. That's why phpbb moved from MODS to extension, after all.

But if you prefer to do it manually go for it: https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.1.9/

• that's quite a few manual edits, ha ha...

• seems that the last time i updated phpbb there was an update option which left any core edits untouched, did i dream this or is this the case?

• so what happens to the flatboots html files (styles/flatboots/templates/), are any of them updated with the phpbb 3.1.10 update? seems that the update file will only update prosilver and subsilver2 html files...

thanks!
 #17014  by ThemeSplat
 October 30th, 2016, 3:15 am
No need to disable any extensions actually... Upgrade your premium extensions (if you have any on the list on the first topic), then run the phpBB upgrade package or just use fresh files... (this will be tough as you have core edits) Once done you still need to update the theme and that's why there is a changelog: changelog.php - Backup DB and files first as usual.

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION