The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • Post filters at the end of a topic

Do you use the post filters options at the end of a topic?

yes
21%
no
57%
never noticed it until this poll
21%
 #19113  by ThemeSplat
 January 11th, 2017, 4:46 am
Do you use it?

#19118  by PhilDiscuss
 January 11th, 2017, 5:10 am
First is NO, then I sent PM to Dave asking where is that Post Filter. Its noticeable. Now, YES :evil: :evil: :evil:
 #19119  by Leinad4Mind
 January 11th, 2017, 5:20 am
I use that filter but it should be more simple, maybe on top not bottom. And maybe more visible but differently. I've seen others forum software as xenforo with post and topic filters very easy to use and very useful.
On phpbb it's badly designed. :/
 #19138  by Leinad4Mind
 January 11th, 2017, 1:58 pm

This is what I was talking about.
At least in viewforum since we've already the top bar, it could be used to filter the topics.

In viewpost it doesn't make sense to have a top bar as in viewforum for everybody, so I would probably keep as it is on yours theme, hidden. In fact I have a better idea:

On bboots and flatboots I found something strange. It has something wrong about the "Jump to" option. It appears twice in some cases for moderators. And if the topic have 1 post only, normal users can't see the option button and they should see that option button with atleast the Jump to option. So... I would remove one of those 2 "Jump to".
On viewtopic as the image below I would remove the Jump to from the moderate buton and keep from option button.

If I've only 1 message on viewtopic I would still have the "Option" button.
And I would put the Display etc that has no use as disabled and not possible to be clicked but still visible, so users will not wonder the lack of the button on that special case. I would put like this on viewtopic:
And for moderators, since it will only have the "mod tools", as you can see on the image above, maybe the "moderator" button should have the dropbox list of mod tools on it... just for not having just the mod tools on that line...

Something useful to have on that "option" button, maybe via some extension, would be the possibility to filter a topic by username, like this MOD: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... isolation/

Now getting back to the 2 previous images, the one with blue color on sort by, if I was making your themes, I would remove those sort by from "option button" from viewtopic and viewforum and put it here like those examples below. I want to do this change so badly :-D and I guess your theme would win more to have those changes for all members, because the "sort by" feature is something very useful and many people want to use that, but on the "option button" no one see it, and the "display" and the "jump to" are extra options that almost nobody uses, so it doesn't matter to be a little more hidden, but not for the "sort by"... those are very handy and should be like this:
As you can see, it will appear a fa-sort-amount-asc icon on the right side of the blue line on viewforum. After clicking on that icon it will appear the sort by line. Like growing after the blue line.
On the viewtopic it could be place here:
But by default it would be hidden, and the sort bar would appear just after clicking on the right button.

One thing I still think 3.1 and 3.2 should have is on post filters have the deleted date, so we can order on big forums all the deleted message so we can see all of them and easily delete them permanently or not. On 3.0 we had the trash bin mod, now that 3.1 basically have the trash bin included it could have this too...

I hope my engrish and explanations to be understandable. :-D
 #19538  by El_Lagarto
 January 18th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Just noticed something.

On FLATBOOTS for phpBB 3.2, the "Jump to" box doesn't appear - only the post filter boxes appear when you click the "Options" button. It's there on 3.1, but not 3.2.

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION