The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • Forum statistics
  • General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
Forum rules: ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the “Buyers section”. Thank-you!
 #33205  by Bez
 May 5th, 2020, 8:35 am
Well it looks like the worst has happened. :-x

My site has now been taken down by Hostgator for using to many resources.
gig.PNG
gig.PNG (29.86 KiB) Viewed 348 times
F*cking Chinese bot’s

Now i can’t get on the site to sort it out, I’ve been it touch with Hostgator but had no reply since yesterday.
server.PNG
server.PNG (14.76 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Any ideas what i can do next?
 #33206  by Bez
 May 5th, 2020, 5:20 pm
They have now given me access so i am going to see if i can setup Cloudflare again but it didnt go well last time as even though it workrd ok on my main site all of the subdomains could not be reached. :poo:

I am hoping i just had something setup wrong. :fear:
 #33207  by WelshPaul
 May 5th, 2020, 7:59 pm
If your host shutdown your website over a few hundred bots scraping your website without any notice then you’re better off looking for a new host.
 #33210  by El_Lagarto
 May 6th, 2020, 12:03 am
I just used Cloudflare to block China and Singapore and saw a dramatic reduction in anonymous guest visits.
 #33212  by Bez
 May 6th, 2020, 6:06 am
WelshPaul wrote: May 5th, 2020, 7:59 pm

If your host shutdown your website over a few hundred bots scraping your website without any notice then you’re better off looking for a new host.

I agree, however at the moment i just need to get this sorted.
They are saying if you are constantly using more that 25% of resources on that server you run the risk of shutdown i looked at the logs and at one point it was using over 80% :fear: so i do sort of see their point.

What i didnt like is the fact that they shut me down without any warning before i could do anything to maybe stop it.
El_Lagarto wrote:

I just used Cloudflare to block China and Singapore and saw a dramatic reduction in anonymous guest visits.

I tried that before and it made my sub domains unreachable. :whata:

I have now set it up again but its the same as before, after a wile my two wordpress subdomains become unreachable.

I have also setup the Cloudflare plugins on each wordpress site but i now still cant access these sites unless i disable cloudflare, any ideas what i am doing wrong :whata: do i need to add something else in cloudflare settings?
 #33213  by Bez
 May 6th, 2020, 8:37 am
Ok Update

I have now added the A records of the subdomains to Cloudflare and they are now working. :-)

All i have to do now is convince Hostgator that this is enough to stop the bots. :plain:

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION