The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • Reset password not working after upgrade to 3.3 version
  • General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
Forum rules: ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the “Buyers section”. Thank-you!
 #33479  by godza13
 June 25th, 2020, 2:11 pm
Hi,

We upgraded to 3.3 version from 3.2.8 and now reset password page is showing blank page when user attempts to reset password.

There is no error message, just white blank page after submitting data to reset password.

Thanks for any tips and help on this!
 #33481  by ThemeSplat
 June 25th, 2020, 6:51 pm
Did you update the theme as well?
 #33485  by ThemeSplat
 June 25th, 2020, 11:28 pm
you need to update theme, you can’t just go from major releases without updating the theme. (This is often the case for minor releases too although there are less chances of broken things.) There are many changes for the 3.3 release. You will find more and more broken things around if you don’t update the theme.
The password reset template is a new file for example…

For the updates however there is a handy changelog for admins like you who heavily customize the theme:
changelog.php

you can see the changes and apply them manually to your files.

In this case being a major release there are no changes that can be made available.

Another option to stay up to date without worrying about manual changes and do the updates directly via ACP in 1 click with the BBcore-autoupdate edition. Available with the memebrships: bbmemberships/index.html (but in this case being a major release version there is no auto-update)
 #33495  by godza13
 June 26th, 2020, 3:41 pm
Thank you for detailed response.

Theme is updated and all files are there. We actually did update the theme few weeks ago, now when I checked I see that all template files are there.

When we click on password reset link page opens and we enter new password. After submitting new password then internal server error 500 happens.

I am having problems getting more information about this error at the moment.

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION