The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • Do you use phpBB via mobile device? IE cellphone, tablet.

Do you use phpBB via mobile device? IE cellphone, tablet

Yes (leave a comment with how many times approx.)
11%
No at all
No votes
0%
One / two times per week approx
11%
Almost all the time
11%
Sporadically (IE once per month)
5%
Every day
63%
 #32887  by caiocald
 April 10th, 2020, 5:28 am
Are you talking to me? Sorry, I do not understand.

When I referred to the app, I was talking about turning html into an app (there are tools for that).

The need I mentioned is because of the visits from the search engines. The current growing trend is for users to search for apps in official stores, no longer on google, yahoo, bing and the like.

I say this from experience.

This is my link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 00.android
Last edited by caiocald on April 10th, 2020, 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #32888  by caiocald
 April 10th, 2020, 5:35 am
Iveco wrote: April 9th, 2020, 8:32 am

@caiocald

Can you please get a bit more technical about your vision?
What do you think is the "future app for forums"? PWAs? Did you get native pushnotifications to work? Do you use Firebase? Did you natively recode an app? Did you add an customized menu?

Soon I will create a tutorial teaching how to convert the forum into an app
 #32889  by Bez
 April 10th, 2020, 8:25 am
caiocald wrote: April 10th, 2020, 5:35 am
Iveco wrote: April 9th, 2020, 8:32 am

@caiocald

Can you please get a bit more technical about your vision?
What do you think is the "future app for forums"? PWAs? Did you get native pushnotifications to work? Do you use Firebase? Did you natively recode an app? Did you add an customized menu?

Soon I will create a tutorial teaching how to convert the forum into an app

Will look forward to it. :plus1:
 #33001  by Iveco
 April 16th, 2020, 7:08 am
Sorry, but this just sounds like you actually have no idea what you are talking about.
Thats why I exactly already posted followed up questions, because when you use simple tools as you just mentioned, you will still have problems like you are missing a customized menu, you are not using the official app style guidelines, you get problems with push-notifications (you still need a 3rd party integration), you need to do customazation after your simple conversion. Since you did not do anything that way, I dont think you have much experience.

I know this because I see this stupid trend in Online-Shops too, oh hey Magento I need an app. Oh hey Shopware I need an app. And of course my family wanted to have that too. Take a look how the big ecommerce companies solved your "idea". Its more than a simple conversation to make the maximum out of your product. So acutally a lot of more work and custom work. Currently every shop owner is looking for an app for their shop. They have much more experience with your PWA ideas already than any forum software. Read into that first. Making that with phpBB is a lot of work, doing it (right)....

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION