The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • opt-in/out e-mails on registration
  • News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
 #19440  by ThemeSplat
 January 16th, 2017, 7:33 pm
phpBB by default automatically subscribes the new user to receive boards emails upon registration.
This extension allows users to choose whether subscribe or not to the admin news/board emails during registration process. The subscription is disabled by default now.

Easy to customize with your own legal jargon depending on your country. Edit the language file in: ext/sitesplat/regmailsub/language/en/common.php

Original Market Reference: marketplace.php?mode=view&item_id=59
Attachments:
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 670 times
 #19443  by ThemeSplat
 January 16th, 2017, 7:57 pm
Nope :-) that's really basic stuff user should not be opted out. Same for the activation of a new account if the board requires it.
For example if you send a mass email via ACP and the user opted out he will not receive that email.
 #28218  by Leinad4Mind
 December 4th, 2018, 2:56 pm
If your website has european members, regarding gdpr you can't have by default at Yes. Since the user stricly needs to choose the yes.

I beleive you can only change by changing an html file.
 #28236  by eselby84
 December 8th, 2018, 10:44 pm
Thanks, I didn't realize GDPR had that rule. Can it be set to no selection and require the user to pick one?

I'm concerned users are skipping over this question since something is already picked.
 #31274  by ThemeSplat
 December 13th, 2019, 3:07 pm
@eselby84 use "BBgdpr" to get your forum compliant: marketplace.php?mode=view&item_id=69

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION