The Official Community Support Forum 

• What are you hoping for with the new style and extensions ?

• General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
Forum rules: ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the “Buyers section”. Thank-you!
 #29044  by Bez
 April 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm
Yes, i know its been a long time coming :meh:
So let’s use the time waiting to discuss what we would like to see in the style and updates. (maybe it will give Dave some ideas as to what members are looking for most) ;)

Me personally i would like to see a built-in slider on the index page in the new style or at least an addon that would create something similar, the one i am using on my forum at the moment is ok but it is not very easy to use when adding photos and members have to do a ctrl-F5 to see the changes that have been made. (although i am sure a way around this is possible as the one in my last style did not have this problem.

I would also like to see some sort of gallery extension with lots of formatting options.

Also an extension for a Medals System or User Awards ( i know we have something like this at the moment but i don’t like the way it works and the icons it displays are way too small)
 #29048  by El_Lagarto
 April 22nd, 2019, 5:01 pm
Bez » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:46 pm wrote:
El_Lagarto » 32 minutes ago wrote:

Something. Anything.

I’ve always felt like a good WYSIWYG editor would be great.

Yes i agree, one is in development at phpBB at the moment perhaps it will be compatible with the new stuff. :-)

I’ll believe it when I see it. There was talk about one being included in 3.2, but that didn’t happen.
 #29049  by Bez
 April 22nd, 2019, 7:35 pm
El_Lagarto » Today, 5:01 pm wrote:
Bez » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:46 pm wrote:
El_Lagarto » 32 minutes ago wrote:

Something. Anything.

I’ve always felt like a good WYSIWYG editor would be great.

Yes i agree, one is in development at phpBB at the moment perhaps it will be compatible with the new stuff. :-)

I’ll believe it when I see it. There was talk about one being included in 3.2, but that didn’t happen.

That’s not quite what i meant ;) https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2427126
 #29055  by Leinad4Mind
 April 22nd, 2019, 10:54 pm
Canidev released an WYSIWYG extension and it works on sitesplat themes, but its not compatible with all exts, so be aware of that at least.
 #29062  by Leinad4Mind
 April 23rd, 2019, 3:50 pm
Dave is working on a Markdown extension: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3966&p=26125#p26125
Similar as wikipedia or github. Not a true wysiwyg, but its simpler then those and probably it would cause less problems then wysiwyg normally do. But I personally prefer the last one honestly, since my forum is not a simple one.

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION