The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan đź‘Ś
  • Server, Forum updates!
  • General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
Forum rules: ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the “Buyers section”. Thank-you!
 #30227  by ThemeSplat
 September 6th, 2019, 6:13 pm
Hey Guys,

Finally running phpBB 3.2.x and all extensions are powered by SiteSplat’s :-)
Finally HTTPS, but also of course this comes with a HTTP/2, TLS 1.3 and Brotli configuration…

The forum also got some new cool and unique handy functions, (again powered by SiteSplat goodies) like a live post translator and a guided post card, HTML emails (with BBHTML) and more…

Another exciting update is the Envato Oauth system. Now you can login in this forum via Envato and you will get your purchased products available for download directly via UCP (ucp.php?i=275)
You will also get Envato badges and some other useful info in your profile. I strongly recommend to use the Envato login at all times.

What is TLS?
TLS stands for Transport Layer Security and is the successor to SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). TLS provides secure communication between web browsers and servers. The connection itself is secure because symmetric cryptography is used to encrypt the data transmitted. The keys are uniquely generated for each connection and are based on a shared secret negotiated at the beginning of the session, also known as a TLS handshake.

TLS and encrypted connections have always added a slight overhead when it comes to web performance. HTTP/2 definitely helped with this problem, but TLS 1.3 helps speed up encrypted connections even more with features such as TLS false start and Zero Round Trip Time (0-RTT).

To put it simply, with TLS 1.2, two round-trips have been needed to complete the TLS handshake. With 1.3, it requires only one round-trip, which in turn cuts the encryption latency in half. This helps those encrypted connections feel just a little bit snappier than before.

What is HTTP/2?
The primary goals for HTTP/2 are to reduce latency by enabling full request and response multiplexing, minimize protocol overhead via efficient compression of HTTP header fields, and add support for request prioritization and server push. To implement these requirements, there is a large supporting cast of other protocol enhancements, such as new flow control, error handling, and upgrade mechanisms, but these are the most important features that every web developer should understand and leverage in their applications.

What is Brotli?
Just like gzip, Brotli is also a compression algorithm. It is developed by Google and serves best for text compression. The reason being, it uses a dictionary of common keywords and phrases on both client and server side and thus gives a better compression ratio.

what If want I one of these too? Can you add some sugar on top too?
YES you can have this too. also knows as “Super kick-ass server setup” Contact me via email or PM for a custom server setup.
 #30228  by PhilDiscuss
 September 7th, 2019, 5:31 am
Awesome!

For Dave again!

:evil: :evil:
 #30247  by ThemeSplat
 September 9th, 2019, 3:44 pm
El_Lagarto wrote: ↑September 9th, 2019, 3:30 pm

I can’t quite seem to taste the pink donut.

because its a a bug! :laughing:
 #30271  by odin
 September 11th, 2019, 6:45 pm
Nice to see the forum getting some love. ;)

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION