The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • BBmembership - Membership system for phpBB 3.1 and phpBB 3.2
  • News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
News, Announcements, Feedback, Improvements, Changes and Policies.
 #33677  by Bez
 July 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
Thanks Paul. :plus1:

Just need an answer to this, and mainly the part in bold :-)

So, can you please explain how this plugin works if say, I set the expiration date 30 days.
The user will see his membership is expiring and need to pay again, right? What if he pays before it expired? will the remaining days be ignored?

#33678  by WelshPaul
 July 15th, 2020, 4:15 pm
On my board you can't buy the a membership you already have, the button is disabled and so you need to wait for the current membership to expire before buying it again. You can however upgrade from LV1 to LV2 etc. I am unsure if this is a modification I made or if it is part of the stock code.
 #33679  by Bez
 July 15th, 2020, 5:26 pm
WelshPaul wrote: July 15th, 2020, 4:15 pm

On my board you can't buy the a membership you already have, the button is disabled and so you need to wait for the current membership to expire before buying it again. You can however upgrade from LV1 to LV2 etc. I am unsure if this is a modification I made or if it is part of the stock code.

Ok once again thanks for the reply. :plus1:

My only concern with that is to have a continued membership you must be on the forum on the day it runs out to re-register.
Would be much better if it just added to the days already left

PS. i have just looked on here and i have the GOLD membership and the button is greyed out but i am still able to buy the SILVER so how's that work. :?:
 #33680  by WelshPaul
 July 15th, 2020, 8:25 pm
If you want a continuous membership then offer one like I do (I have sold them). After all, if they ain't on your board the day their membership runs out why would they care if their membership is active or not at that point in time? It also increases your chances of them purchasing a higher value membership with longer or unlimited expirations.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to buy a lower teir membership and that the purchase buttons should be disabled too but then again, who in their right mind would buy a LV4 membership and then buy a LV1 that offers less features than they already have? However I have fixed this issue on my board and made Dave aware and provided him with a copy of my fix.

Screenshot bellow shows LV1 & LV2 memberships buttons disabled, LV3 & LV4 enabled.
Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 01.19.24 copy.png
Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 01.19.24 copy.png (318.24 KiB) Viewed 8283 times
 #33683  by Bez
 July 16th, 2020, 5:07 pm
Ok thanks Paul, as always a great help. :plus1:

Can you also tell Dave that even though the gold button is greyed out if you click on it the pay-pal button becomes active and when clicked on shows this error page.
 #33707  by pawlshepherd
 July 18th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Just a thought - it might be worth making the other packages unavailable an optional feature.
It is possible that people could have their membership set up so that different packages offer different things, rather than being bigger and smaller versions of the same thing.

For example P1 only gets you no ads, P2 only gets you access to a private forum, P3 only...

In that circumstance having P1 disable 2 and up would be a hindrance rather than a help.

Assuming of course that it's actually possible to have more than one package active at a time?
 #33708  by WelshPaul
 July 18th, 2020, 9:29 pm
But that is not how BBmembership works out of the box. There are four memberships available....

Level 4 has everything 1, 2 and 3 has to offer plus an extra incentive. Level 3 has everything level 1 and 2 has to offer plus an incentive but doesn't offer the incentive that level 4 offers. Etc, etc, etc.

That's why we have the x's and ticks as shown below and that's why we have only one configurable parameter per membership in ACP:

Why would you you force ads on someone spending more money than someone paying less? Your overcomplicating things. There is no one size fits all scenario here but the way BBmembership is presented by default is that you start off on a LV1 and move up to LV4. Each new level ads an additional benefit to the last.
 #33716  by Bez
 July 19th, 2020, 2:36 pm
Ok just got this and have now realised i can't use it like it is displayed on here. :-(

I know it goes on about 4 sections when setting it up on the instruction page but i just thought this was just showing you how to set things up as it never says you are restricted to only 4 options for each level. :-x

I only want 2 levels so i an restricted to 2 options. :facepalm:
On here it shows 9 options so unless i am missing something in the settings it looks like i have been sold a watered-down version. :poom:
 #33717  by Leinad4Mind
 July 19th, 2020, 3:00 pm
It is possible to acheive that, but with some changes. The extension comes with an extra folder, to make it easier to those who want to change the normal behavior or looks.

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION