The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • Re-design the Adminitrator Control Panel

Would you like to have the ACP repsonsive and modern looking?

Yes
93%
No
7%
 #2893  by ThemeSplat
 August 7th, 2014, 12:44 pm
The title says it all. I think it's about time to look into the ACP and re-build it with Bootstrap.

What are your thoughts?
 #2894  by Heartfire
 August 7th, 2014, 12:57 pm
The idea of having a re-designed UCP mostly appeals to me. From a administrator's point of view - I find the default ACP Style easy to use and user friendly to a certain point, but looking at the same ACP for almost 4 years, is kinda getting boring most of the time now.
Using the ACP in a whole new design would certainly make the ACP more intresting to use again, as long as no major changes occur.
With that I mean, like shifting elements around, like the User & Groups page, forum page and etcetra.

Overall, I support this idea!
 #2904  by ThemeSplat
 August 7th, 2014, 6:45 pm
What I'm thinking is to re-write it on bootstrap and leaving the layout as is, meaning, sidebar on the left content on right.
This should make everyone feel like they still know the ACP. The look will be modern and responsive so it can be used on any device.. That's really the main concern. I'm sure you all find impossible to use the ACP on mobile...

I added a poll just to cast some votes.

If you had to suggest a price, what would you think it would be adequate? Same as the phpBB themes?
 #2917  by Heartfire
 August 8th, 2014, 4:07 am
ThemeSplat » Yesterday, 6:45 pm wrote:

If you had to suggest a price, what would you think it would be adequate? Same as the phpBB themes?

Personally, I think the ACP style should be at around the same price as BBOOTS is, however with that said. I think it would only be fair towards already existing customers of BBOOTS, to get a discount or something for the ACP Style.

And before someone says that 15 bucks would be alot of money for a simple ACP style.. For us it looks like a simple style, but don't underestimate the effort but into the actual coding of the entire style. I still can't comprehend the effort put into the BBOOTS style...
But that's just my opinion.
 #2925  by ThemeSplat
 August 8th, 2014, 2:41 pm
@Heartfire good point. noted.

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION