The Special SiteSplat Membership has launched! Check our In Da Club Plan 👌
  • Invalid emails accounts will be removed!
  • General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
General Questions and chit chat NOT related to support. Please Use the “Buyers” section for any support related needs.
Forum rules: ONLY CHIT CHAT :-) Specific theme, MODs/Extensions support only in the “Buyers section”. Thank-you!
 #31618  by ThemeSplat
 January 9th, 2020, 4:03 pm
heads up!

I’ve been checking for invalid emails accounts… Accounts with invalid emails will be removed or downgraded.
Please make sure your email address is valid.

If you have problems with emails notifications, then choose what emails you want to receive from your UCP:
ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

If you ended up in this situation above and after you validate your email account, then login again via Envato Oauth in order to re-validate your account:
ucp.php?i=275

Dave
 #31636  by sakkiotto
 January 10th, 2020, 5:56 pm
OK,
lol need a ext with this function. i have this problem with old user :disappointed:
Schermata 2020-01-10 alle 18.56.07.png
Schermata 2020-01-10 alle 18.56.07.png (750.25 KiB) Viewed 8787 times
 #31645  by Leinad4Mind
 January 11th, 2020, 1:02 pm
I’ve been asking for an extension to do this. Right now I use DEA email ext, that can at least disable the DEA accounts (temporary emails one) and require the user to change their email to a “true” email and not a DEA one.

BUT I still have the issue of emails that are not DEA but that doesnt work anymore. And I would like to have an extension that checked the emails and made all users to change their email to use the forum again. Now… Forumhulp created an “checkemail” extension, that I bought it, but it doesnt work (at least not on 3.2.5). Didnt had the time to dig it up why. But if no one solves this extension or release a similar one I’ll eventually take action.

PS: Sorry dave to spam on this announce. But its related.
 #31647  by ThemeSplat
 January 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm
I’m working on something as a package for here…
its a series of things, not just extensions. its a lot of work to keep clean emails on a board. Especially large ones…
But once is done the maintenance is very minimum and almost 99% automated.
There is however a bigger issue here on phpBB 3.3 and up. Apparently the user_email_hash column in the _users table was stupidly removed…
 #31650  by Dion
 January 11th, 2020, 6:43 pm
What precipitated this change was the complaint of a single user of a duplicate email hash in their database. One isolated report of a duplicate in almost 15 years! While I can see the need to re-think the column structure, that apparently didn’t happen. For example, some thought would have resulted in converting the column from a CRC32 hash to a MD5 hash, and altering the phpbb_email_hash() function accordingly. No other phpBB codebase changes would have been required, and the change would have retained compatibility with most extensions. (Extensions that did an insert/update on the user_email_hash column might have required a slight modification since the column would change from BIGINT to VARCHAR.)

The phpBB devs instead took the “nuclear option” and removed the user_email_hash column. That required several changes in the phpBB codebase, and it broke every extension that used the user_email_hash column. There are/were a number of such extensions because the user_email_hash column was indexed, but the user_email column was not. Taking the nuclear option has also resulted in something unfortunate: extension authors who did things the right way (using an indexed column in DB operations) have been punished, but authors who did things the wrong way (using a non-indexed column in DB operations) have been rewarded.

The WordPress devs are paranoid about retaining backward compatibility in their codebase. They even backport security patches/fixes where applicable to more than a dozen old releases. Almost 35% of all websites use WordPress. Less than 0.01% of all websites use phpBB. Maybe the WordPress devs are on to something. ;)

PRENEXT_POST_NAVIGATION

Recent Topics

I'm concentrating on my new xenforo forum, but I a[…] »MORE«

Should be ok now. @Lickety! didn't you move[…] »MORE«

my members have been asking about this. Since we a[…] »MORE«

Trigger me when BBmaps or BBcalendar or BBhtml or […] »MORE«

Favorites

About us

BBOOTS™ Is The First And Only Fully Responsive PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

It Utilizes A Bootstrap Based Layout Which Has Been Long Waited For And That Is Sure To AMAZE The phpBB Fan Club.

BBOOTSThe Unofficial Responsive Theme